Talks and Workshop scenes
Talks to Inspire your Audience
My many years of experience producing and presenting planetarium shows for all ages serves me well in delivering exciting and inspiring talks about the wonders of the sky. All my talks are richly illustrated with images and videos, often my own.
While I have a number of talks "on file," I always adapt these to suit each audience and occasion. I've presented talks…
• to groups in National Parks (both outdoor sky tours and indoor talks)
• to cruise ship audiences on eclipse cruises and other specialty-themed cruises such as aurora chasing
• to star parties and astronomy conferences, with general interest & technical "how-to" talks
• to corporations, clubs, and organizations looking for inspiring enrichment programs
I have years of experience delivering public outreach programs, and can present a live "laser-guided" star tour and telescope viewing session under the night sky, in a program customized for your group or special event.
Speaking Engagements in 2020 — what's in Pink are Links to learn more!
• Sept. 18 and 19: Night Photography Workshops and Public Talk, Waterton Lakes National Park
Tap/Click on the images above to learn more about the contents of each of these workshops.
The audience awaits my talk at the Jasper Dark Sky Festival
Praise from Clients and Attendees
"Alan is an engaging speaker who will open your eyes and mind to the wonders of the night sky."
– Bob Nansen, Betchart Expeditions
"Alan Dyer's knowledge, dedication and enthusiasm shines through in every engaging presentation he makes."
– Les Dickson, Saskatchewan Summer Star Party
"Alan is fantastic to work with and has the ability to captivate an audience and transport them across the universe through his pictures"
– Zach Drew, Table Mountain Star Party
“Alan Dyer is one of the most passionate and professional speakers I have had the pleasure to work with. His knowledge of the night sky is exceptional and his photography is equally impressive!”
– Bryan Attree, Director, Business Development, Jasper, Alberta (Jasper Dark Sky Festival)
“People were so impressed with Alan's presentation they are bugging me to have him back next year.”
– Neel Roberts, Vulcan Trek Centre
"Everything about this Road Scholar trip was above and beyond our expectations. We greatly benefited from the evening lectures by Alan Dyer as well as his expert photography advice."
– LK, Road Scholar aurora tour participant
"We thoroughly enjoyed your lectures and your skill at making even impossibly difficulty subjects compelling."
— DA, Churchill Learning Vacations participant